Areas of Concentration
- Collective and Individual Labor
- Employment and Social Security Law
- Member of the board of directors (council) of the Mexican Bar Association
- Member of the Ilustre y Nacional Colegio de Abogados de México (Illustrious and National College of Lawyers of Mexico), Asociación Nacional de Abogados de Empresa (National Association of In-House Counsel), the American Bar Association, and the Federación Interamericana de Abogados (Inter-American Bar Association)
- Member of the FIA/IABA board of directors (council), and former president of its Labor and Social Security Law Committee
- President of the Inter-American Bar Association for the 2008-2009 term
- Active participant in the labor and employment law committees in all of the associations he belongs to. He lead the Labor and Social Security Law section of the Barra Mexicana Colegio de Abogados A.C. (Mexican Bar Association).
He is a frequent speaker for different associations, chambers of commerce and other organizations in the fields of labor, employment, anti corruption and constitutional law.
In 2001 he was the pro bono award recipient from the Barra Mexicana (Mexican Bar Association) for his dedication to serving the community in labor and employment matters.
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2014
Mr. De Presno is one of the country's Leading labor lawyers. He has an outstanding reputation in the market and is hailed by clients as "responsive, thorough, experienced and well connected in the market".
Who's Who Legal 2014
He has one of the "most highly regarded labor law practices in Mexico City".
Latin American Corporate Counsel Association's (LACCA)
He has been recommended as private practice lawyer for Labour in Mexico in 2014 and 2015.
He is the co-author of a book published by the Mexican Bar Association entitled "Falta de liquidez de las empresas y sus consequencias jurídicas" (Lack of Company Liquidity and its Legal Consequences).
He contributed to the chapter on Mexico for the ABA's International Practitioner's Deskbook series: International Labor and Employment Law a Practical Guide (June 1, 2006).
- Social Security Law at the Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico City (1985-1986)
- Collective Labor Law and Labor Procedural Law at the Universidad Panamericana in Mexico City (1988-1990)
- Collective Labor Law at the Universidad Iberoamericana (1991-2010)
Mr. De Presno obtained his law degree from the Universidad Iberoamericana and is the author of the thesis "Los Conflictos Colectivos de Titularidad" (Collective Disputes in Union Certification) in 1986. He obtained a master's degree in comparative jurisprudence from the Dickinson School of Law of the State University of Pennsylvania in Carlisle, Pennsylvania, U.S.A. and is the author of the masters in law thesis "Conflicts of Law, Jurisdiction and Mexican Law" in 1988.